Troops to Tech Careers Program General Terms and Conditions
A. Overview. By agreeing to participate in the CompTIA Troops to Tech Careers Corporate Registry (“T2TC”), you agree and pledge to support U.S. veterans by: (i) recommending and/or mandating IT certifications within your organization, (ii) prioritizing the hiring of qualified IT certified veterans (although you are not required to hire veterans, you are strongly encouraged to consider hiring veterans) and (iii) permitting CompTIA to use your corporate name and logo on CompTIA’s Corporate Registry with a link back to your human resources page (collectively, “Eligibility Criteria”).
B. Term of Participation. You may continue to participate in the T2TC program: (i) for as long as you continue to meet all Eligibility Criteria (as CompTIA may amend from time to time); (ii) while the T2TC program is in effect; (iii) if your participation has not been terminated by CompTIA in its sole discretion; and (iv) you remain in compliance with all terms and conditions contained herein.
C. License of Your Name and Logo. By agreeing to participate in T2TC you hereby grant a limited, worldwide, perpetual, revocable right and license to CompTIA to use your corporate name and logo in connection with the T2TC Corporate Registry and in connection with the T2TC program generally. CompTIA will cease using your corporate name and logo within a reasonable period of time following the termination of your participation in the program, whether such termination is by you or by CompTIA.
D. License of CompTIA T2TC Name and Logo. For so long as you remain a participant of the CompTIA T2TC program in good standing, CompTIA grants to you a limited, worldwide, perpetual, revocable, right and license to you to use the logo set forth below (“Licensed Mark”) on your website and in connection with your participation in the T2TC program. The above license is conditioned on your strict adherence to all usage requirements set forth in these terms and conditions. CompTIA's program names are and marks are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Association in the United States of America and internationally.
E. General Licensed Mark Usage Requirements.
1. You may not use any Licensed Mark in any way that suggests that CompTIA is the source of the goods or services that you offer.
2. You may not incorporate any Licensed Mark into any other name, mark, logo, or symbol. You may not use any Licensed Mark as a border or heading for any other name, mark, logo, symbol, graphic, or text or as part of or adjacent to your name or your company’s name.
3. You may not use any Licensed Mark as any part of an Internet domain name, e-mail address, or metatag. No CompTIA logo or trademark may be used as a domain name or as a part of a domain name.
4. You may not use any name, logo, or symbol that is confusingly similar to a Licensed Mark.
(i) You must include a trademark acknowledgment in all promotional materials (including printed advertisements, scripts, videos, e-mails, websites, and audio recordings) that contain Licensed Marks.
(ii) If you publish any work that contains any Licensed Mark in its title, you must prominently place the following legend on or near the title page
(iii)“CompTIA Troops to Tech Careers Word Mark and Logo are the proprietary trademarks of CompTIA Properties, LLC used under license through active participation in the CompTIA Troops to Tech Careers Program”
1. You will cooperate with CompTIA if it becomes necessary for CompTIA to take any action to enforce any of its rights in any of the Licensed Marks.
2. If CompTIA instructs you to alter or cease your usage of a Licensed Mark, you will do so at once.
3. CompTIA reserves the right to audit any usage of its trademarks and logos. You will provide samples of your usage of a Licensed Mark within seven (7) days of a request by CompTIA.
4. In the event of any successful action by CompTIA to enforce its rights regarding any Licensed Mark, CompTIA shall be entitled to recover all costs and expenses of such action, including reasonable attorney fees and expert witness fees.
5. These terms and conditions are governed exclusively under Illinois law, without regard to its conflict of interest principles and the exclusive venue for all causes of action arising out of these terms and conditions will be in state and local courts in Dupage County Illinois or federal courts in Cook County Illinois.